Table of Contents
- Outstaffing teams are only about recruiting
- Outstaffing teams can become the source of information leaks
- Outstaffing is less efficient than freelance
- Outstaffing is expensive
- Outstaffing provides businesses only with narrow-focus specialists
While often confused with outsourcing, outstaffing can be more useful for businesses in need of flexibility and adaptability.
Useful as it may be, outstaffing is still wrapped in a plethora of myths and misconceptions. To help every business leverage outstaffing correctly, I’ll debunk the most popular and damaging myths of the industry.
Outstaffing teams are only about recruiting
The myth: IT outstaffing companies only take care about the recruitment process. Setting up the accommodations and providing all the perks are still up for the employing business itself.
The reality: outstaffing companies can also onboard and take over short-and long-term operational procedures such as accommodations, taxes, physical safety and cybersecurity. Outstaffing teams not only build the infrastructure required by the professional, but maintain it non-stop.
- HR professionals spend about a third of their working time looking for new talent.
- Average onboarding process takes about 3 months.
- A business can spend up to $27 thousand to cover a professional’s IT needs.
Besides the recruitment process, outstaffing companies can check soft and hard skills of the candidate, provide them with a working space, the technology and whatever they might need to fully take on their duties. A business itself only needs to teach a newcomer and manage their future processes, without having to take care of their working conditions, hard- or software, and so on.
Outstaffing teams can become the source of information leaks
The myth: outstaffing solutions are not secure.
The reality: a responsible service provider will have all necessary security requirements and regulations in place.
- 95% of breaches are caused by human error, regardless of the industry.
- About 86% of breaches are financially motivated, regardless of the industry.
Outstaff Your Team is PCI DSS Level 1 Service Provider and ISO certified. We take our clients’ data very responsible, and we take all possible measles to make sure the entire scope of information is protected and leak-proof.
Outstaffing is less efficient than freelance
The myth: freelance specialists will be just as reliable.
The reality: freelance specialists will never be as dedicated to the project as a solution provided by an IT outstaffing company.
- The freelance market has increased 22% since 2019.
- An average freelance developer can cost up to $100 thousand per project.
- In 2019 54% of Google’s workforce consisted of freelancers.
Some businesses see freelance as the best alternative to outstaffing. It is also one of the most unreliable ones.
Freelance does not guarantee dedication. First, freelance specialists can work on several projects simultaneously. They can lose focus and take a lot of time to complete their tasks.
Second, they do not feel like a part of the team and will not show the same level of care and dedication to the project. Outstaffed specialists, on the other hand, are part of the team and will pay their entire attention to the task and project at hand.
For example, we at Outstaff Your Team have long-term contracts with the professionals. This way, they feel more confident and comfortable and can fully focus on technical tasks at-hand and not on looking for another short-term freelance project or client.
Outstaffing is expensive
The myth: outstaffing is more expensive than an in-house team.
The reality: IT outstaffing is more cost-efficient than an in-house solution.
- In 2022 IT spending forecast is predicted to reach $4.7 billion.
- The real cost of an IT professional is about 1.4 times their salary.
Outstaffing allows businesses to get the service and expertise they need and optimize their expenses at the same time.
Note: the outstaffing process is not free, but allows to decrease the cost of talent acquisition and maintenance.
Outstaffing provides businesses only with narrow-focus specialists
The myth: outstaffing doesn’t offer a variety of professionals as broad as modern businesses need.
The reality: IT outstaffing companies can find a solution that will perfectly fit any business requirement.
- Versatile workers are deemed the future the business world.
Outstaffed professionals can be as versatile as needed. Like with any perfect candidate, finding them might take time, but in the end it is always worth it.
Want to scale your tech team? Outstaff Your Team is here to help!